Let's not stop ATAH just because some don't acknowledge knowing to speak
our dear language Konkani. If I had a few ATAH's I would contribute but I don't.


Furthermore, I do not have anyone here to speak with me so the ATAHs and other
Konkani e-mails are a good practice for me. I take every opportunity to speak Konkani
and am encouraging two individuals (Americans) in learning it.


Let's keep it rolling! Viva Konkani!

Florina



This could be my last one, it seems there is no much scope for KONKANI on GOANET. Most goaneters are English only speaking Goemkars?
Some of us very proud to show that we are Goemkars but when it comes to Konkani bhas, they dont want to know. When two Goemkars meets, they both speak in English, even when one tries to speak Konkani the other continue speaking English(allthough they can speak/read/write fluently).
One can see Punjabi Community here how they feel so proud to talk in their mother tongue. Their children born/educated here and holding top posts in UK but they always speak in Punjabi within the community (at work, friends circle, at home etc).Same applies to Chinese, Philipines, Gujrati, Bangla, Pakistan etc. but when it comes to Goemkars, "Amkam loz dista".

_________________________________________________________________
Fretting that your Hotmail account may expire because you forgot to sign in enough? Get Hotmail Extra Storage today! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es



##########################################################################
# Send submissions for Goanet to [EMAIL PROTECTED] # # PLEASE remember to stay on-topic (related to Goa), and avoid top-posts #
# More details on Goanet at http://joingoanet.shorturl.com/ # # Please keep your discussion/tone polite, to reflect respect to others #
##########################################################################

Reply via email to