Dear Mr Bernardo, 1. The queue outside the Portuguese consulate in Goa is of Goans, not non-Goans
2. They are seeking to go to the UK not Portugal. See the New York Times article of 8 June 2003 at http://goanvoice.org.uk/newsletter/2003-24/supp1/Portuguesepassports.html 3. I have been in the UK for over forty years and never have I known of a non-Goan claiming to be a Goan. I am not claiming you are lying but they have probably been pulling your leg and it looks like they have succeeded. Pray, do let us have details of your stay in the UK Cheers Eddie ================================= ----- Original Message ----- From: "Bernado Colaco" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 3:13 AM Subject: Re: [Goanet]Wanting to be Goans! > Dear Mr. Nair, > > Please check the queue outside the Portuguese > consulates in Goa. Thank you. Besides I have known > many bharatis in the UK and the Far East calling > themselves Goans. Thank You. > > Colaco ########################################################################## # Send submissions for Goanet to [EMAIL PROTECTED] # # PLEASE remember to stay on-topic (related to Goa), and avoid top-posts # # More details on Goanet at http://joingoanet.shorturl.com/ # # Please keep your discussion/tone polite, to reflect respect to others # ##########################################################################
