Radhakrishnan Nair wrote

"You never cease to amaze me, Dr Colaco! Let me ask you: Before 1961, how
many people sent their wards to elite schools?
For your information, this is a problem of relatively recent origin and is
not limited to Goa alone. It has been written about umpteen times in the
national and regional press....
Please don't look at everything thru the prism of 'before & after 1961'!
Regards, RKN "

-------------

Dear Mr. Nair,

From your surname I am presuming you are a 'voilo' and therefore have no right to comment on matters regarding Goa and Goans even if you live and work in Goa. The honourable Dr. Colaco can look through whatever prism (or more likely telescope) he wants to and that is none of your business, you Keralite Koconut!!

Dr. Colaco will indeed continue to amaze you Madrassi Mossambi. However convoluted a route Dr. Colaco may take to bring EVERTHING into the gamut of his theory regarding the garbage heap that Goa currently is, one must admit he does return to the same point thus making a perfect circle.

The most honourable Dr. Colaco has in fact pointed out in his award winning web-journal "All That Ails Goa" that it is Goa Journalists like you Punjabi Pumpkin, and any other Goan journos with an ' r ' in their names, who are responsible for post 1961 degeneration of Goa into a Raulesque Siddhian Sanskritisation.

Dr. Colaco has outlined ALL the reasons why Goa is in the total mess it is. He has very clearly proven that pre-1961 was the height of Goan achievement and after the Portuguese left there has been nothing but filth and squalor (and more recently bakshish). Dr. Colaco may not have any solutions, or anything positive to say about present day Goa, but at least he is not a part of the problem, as he is distantly located.

Let me assure you that Dr. Colaco is well informed about happenings in Goa and India. He reads all the online periodicals everyday and when he says something about the state of Goa it is from direct second-hand experience. And you dare not question his constant criticism of Goans in Goa. Dr. Colaco has lived in many places in India and abroad and has finally returned to the place that is closest to his heart - after cyberspace that is.

And before you Gujarati Guava start saying that Dr. Colaco is enamoured of the Portuguese please consider what Goa would have been without the Portuguese. We might have become a heartless thriving metropolis like Mumbai, or a faceless Information Technology hub like Bangalore or so many other worthless things. Thanks to the Portuguese we are what we were till 1961 (after which no progress absolutely has occurred). Imagine what great glory we Goans would have had if the Portuguese had continued to rule us till today.

In concluding I would quote to you Tamilian Turnip from Dr. Colaco's All Encompassing Theory..."What did the Freedom Fighters do after 1961 while I was watching from a distance?"

Cheers!

Cecil
======

# Send submissions for Goanet to [EMAIL PROTECTED] # # PLEASE remember to stay on-topic (related to Goa), and avoid top-posts #
# More details on Goanet at http://joingoanet.shorturl.com/ # # Please keep your discussion/tone polite, to reflect respect to others #