Dag Hammarskj�ld's death, indeed tragic, was however not accidental.
Though it has been cleverly hushed up, press-persons covering the Congo-visit, are certain that it was engineered by a thwarted, jealous male lover who had been cast away in lieu of one picked up in situ by the Swedish diplomat.
I will furnish details in a book I am preparing. Having spent quite more than a half of my life in Valhalla, it will contain considerable Swedish tid-bits, not censorable by peers!
Alfred
From: Floriano Lobo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: [Goanet]Re: The 1st. Secretary General of UNO Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 07:56:19 +0530
Dear Tony & Jose,
It makes me feel that I am in the civics classroom with dependable and knowledgeable teachers. Thank you both for your inputs. Much appreciated.
regards
Floriano
***
I think both Floriano and Vivian are wrong about the first Secretary-General
of the United Nations. To the best of my knowledge it was the Norwegian
Trygve Lie, who was his country's Foreign Minister. He was followed by the
Swede Dag Hammarksjold. U Thant from Burma was the third Secretary-General.
---Tony Correia-Afonso.
==========================================
From: A.Correia-Afonso.
Address: 542 Pulvaddo, Benaulim, Goa 403716, India.
'Phone: 91-832-2772063
Fax: 91-832-2772062 (prior intimation)
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
**** Dear Floriano & Vivian
I wasn't "thought of" yet when the first UN Secretary General was elected. However, I remember what good old Fr. Schoch taught us in his class of Civics and Administration at St. Vincent's High School in what used to be called Poona.
Somehow the name DAG HAMMARSKJOLD rang a bell. How good he was and how
tragically he died somewhere in Africa sometime just a couple of months
before the Indian Army walked into Goa.
What I remembered from my Civics class was that he WAS NOT the first
Secretary General of the United Nations.
So, today, I checked Here is the info - just in case Our Teachers were not really paying
attention (;-) good wishes
jose
=====>
_________________________________________________________________
The new MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail
##########################################################################
# Send submissions for Goanet to [EMAIL PROTECTED] # # PLEASE remember to stay on-topic (related to Goa), and avoid top-posts #
# More details on Goanet at http://joingoanet.shorturl.com/ # # Please keep your discussion/tone polite, to reflect respect to others #
##########################################################################
