########################################################################## # If Goanet stops reaching you, contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] # # Want to check the archives? http://www.goanet.org/pipermail/goanet/ # # Please keep your discussion/tone polite, to reflect respect to others # ##########################################################################
Dear Domnic Bab & rest of Goanetters! I think, Tony Fernandes will be able to tell us if proverbs in his book are new or from our list. As for Edd Bab's response, these proverbs are not my own, but as I said, I compiled them from Goanet - Domnic, Ciprian, myself and others These are the original ones (mix of North and south Goa) and not taken from any book. As for my proverbs I heard these from my mai/pai and some Konkani songs/tiatrs. The proverb 'Ghavo tuca, Dukh maka" was title of the Tiatr (2nd prize winner in KA) I witnessed recently in Goa. Regards Eddie Verdes Jeddah/KSA ----- Original Message ----- From: "domnic fernandes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Sent: Monday, June 14, 2004 8:32 AM Subject: [Goanet]MORE KONKANI PROVERBS! Dear Eddie Bab, Thanks for your quick response. I am not questioning your recent 11 new proverbs – they are new to us on Goanet and were not included in the list that was compiled by you and posted on Goanet on October 20, 2003. This list contained 315 proverbs which many of us contributed - my contribution was 132 proverbs. What I am interested to know is whether the 150 Konkani proverbs and sayings included in Tony Fernandes’ book are new (by him) or if they are from our above mentioned list that was posted on Goanet for free consumption of Goanetters. Moi-mogan, Domnic Fernandes Anjuna/Dhahran, KSA Dear Domnic Bab, I have compiled all the proverbs which were posted on Goanet last year, and also circulated to some of the goanetters who requested me. There are about 334 proverbs in this file, and these are new ones which I added to the file. I have not read Tony's book, and these are definately not from his book.
