# If Goanet stops reaching you, contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] # # Want to check the archives? http://www.goanet.org/pipermail/goanet/ # # Please keep your discussion/tone polite, to reflect respect to others #

It is interesting to note HOW thought-hijacking occurs. I for one believed that only Rt. Wing pubbies were capable of such diversionary enterprises.

Hell No!

Back to Dabolim and this huha about Harrier or MIGs. I believe Diana Pinto's main concern was NOT which type of plane the Navy was using for training flights in Goa, but the co-existence of highly INFLAMMABLE substance carrying pipelines in the vicinity of an airport used for Training Flights. That too, in a populated area.

But Oh! How that important point got Hijacked and Diverted.

Now, after much side-winding comparable to the Lisbon Alfama, Prof Philip Thomas has come back to the point which we already knew at the start point i.e. the Indian Navy will NOT accomodate the wishes of the civilian flying public.

It's the Navy's way or MOPA.

Looks like the "Spoils of War" point is real. I know that some super-sensitive folks get upset about this - and So be it.

This being the season for Flu and Fever (including election fever), I am impressed by the tack utilised by Philip Thomas.

The Fred Noronha obsession i.e. Bernado Colaco made a comment on Oct 6. He called the Dabolim situation "21st century Imperialism".

Philip took the Dabolim discussion via Churchill Alemao, Airport Authority of India, Goan objection etc, and roundly slammed Bernado for comparing the situation in Dabolim with Imperialism.

And rightly so!

Having said that, I am always "impressed" by Indian officialdom's selective denunciation of colonialism - when there is SILENCIO over Tibet, there was SILENCIO about East Timor .... definite SILENCIO about the Soviet Imperilism ....AND....there are the Andaman Islands.

Please correct me if I am wrong. All these Press, Academic and allegedly-Nationalist guys who go Gaga over this and that, suddenly get tongue tied over the Andaman Islands. What is the deal fellas & fellis?

To Philip Thomas' credit, he has learnt well from the Rt. Wing pubbies. He took a long route via Boeing 707 et al before coming to the conclusion that the Indian Navy will continue to be inconsiderate towards Goa's needs.

In the mean time, it appears that the Andaman Islands topic was glossed over.

Mr. Thomas, I put it to you AGAIN. In your considered opinion, Is India a colonial power in the Andamans? If you believe, it is not, Grateful if you would provide some insight into WHY you think it is not.

good wishes

jc

please visit "NEW" on The Goan Forum at http://www.colaco.net

Recommended Goa related sites