# If Goanet stops reaching you, contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] # # Want to check the archives? http://www.goanet.org/pipermail/goanet/ # # Please keep your discussion/tone polite, to reflect respect to others #

Fred Noronha writes

# 1: <Sorry for saying it so bluntly>
# 2: <The Andamans *is* a serious issue for India to grapple with>
# 3: <India obviously needs a more-enlightened approach towards treating its diversity>
# 4: <The issue has got some attention in India, but obviously far from sufficient.>
# 5:<Contrary to what Dr JC suggests from his obviously restricted understanding of the media here, such articles are put out regularly, specially in more outspoken publications such as Tehelka, Outlook, Indian Express and the like.>
# 6:<Interestingly, Dr JC's fixation with the Andamans doesn't seem to come one iota from a concern of what's happening to the people or the ecology there, but rather since this is a cheap way of scoring points>

=====

Thank you Mr. Noronha for your response. I am glad you said what you said, bluntly. At the very least, it got you off your proverbial "fence"

I agree with you that the Andamans is a serious issue for India to deal with. Not only from an ecological point of view but from a political point of view. Isn't it hypocritical for India to be talking about being anti-colonial while prolonging the life of the Andamans as a colony?

You did notice - did you not that India remained quite silent with the East Timor Issue and the former Soviet Union. It is also very silent about Tibet.

That is hypocrisy Mr. Noronha, is it not?.

That is my position. I will treat your "cheap" Portugal related comments with the contempt they deserve.

These days (40 + years after the Portuguese were expelled from Goa) Only Rauls and "staff reporters" bring Portugal into the Goa media - and that too with BOGUS stories.

Sorry for saying it so bluntly Mr. Noronha, but this too needs to be said.

Wonder if these BOGUS stories were corrected by these "staff reporters" - after the errors are pointed out.

BTW: I do note that you too realise that the attention the Andamans got in the Indian Press is insufficient. That being the case, I am still pleased that your understanding of the Andamans issue is less restricted than mine.

Brilliant! Would you please direct me to what you have written about the issue, Mr. Noronha?

Then perhaps Mr. Noronha, at some point and time, you will answer the query that has so far been ducked:

IS INDIA a colonial power in the Andamans? If it did NOT accept the British colonialization as legitimate, HOW does it accept the British Colonial bequeathing as OK?

good wishes as always

jc

please visit "NEW" on The Goan Forum at http://www.colaco.net

Recommended Goa related sites