##########################################################################
# If Goanet stops reaching you, contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]          #   
# Want to check the archives? http://www.goanet.org/pipermail/goanet/    #  
# Please keep your discussion/tone polite, to reflect respect to others  #
##########################################################################

This Year "Job for Goans" was the Goa Sudharop and Cyber-Goan theme.
There were many posts on the subject including several of mine. My posts
on this topic reviewed the advantages of healthcare jobs and the dozen
possible job-categories in the healthcare field. After devoting
considerable time and thought process to those posts, I (succumbing to
my weakness) cross-posted my writings on a local e-mail list in our
town. The next thing I knew, a high-school jobs-counselor requested a
presentation for their high school students. I did so last summer. 

Last week I received a call again from the counselor. He informed me,
for the first time, that three students went into the radiology
technology field. He requested if I could do another similar
presentation next week. 

I also noticed at our hospital there were two new recruits in the
department of physical therapy. They were Bosnians who immigrated to our
town in the USA (five years ago) at the height of the Bosnian crises. It
was so nice to see them and the benefit / services they will provide to
our town - which has a chronic shortage of technical staff in the
healthcare field. 

So cyberGoans can be proud of their indirect contribution to other parts
of the world. Cross-pollination of ideas can do a lot of good to many.
Regards, GL


Reply via email to