########################################################################## # If Goanet stops reaching you, contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] # # Want to check the archives? http://www.goanet.org/pipermail/goanet/ # # Please keep your discussion/tone polite, to reflect respect to others # ##########################################################################
Mogall Domnic Bab, As a child I too made a journey on foot till Margao, as most of the Carrier's/buses coming from Betul/Cuncolim were full and did not stop in Chinchinim. It is also true that in the olden days people used to make the journey to Old Goa on foot even from Salcete. After mass my dad used to show us around the place. One particular place I remember is a small Chapel close to the Basilica. I remember him telling us that St. Francis used to say the Mass in this Chapel. Next to the Chapel there is a deep well and it is said that if one looks in the well, one can see two candles burning. It was also said that only the faithfulls could see this miracle...is it true? What about the 'Piddeacho Khuris'?... Regards Eddie Verdes Chinchinim/Jeddah/KSA ----- Original Message ----- From: "domnic fernandes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> The devotion to St. Francis Xavier has remained the same over the centuries. He performs miracles to people from all walks of life. In the early 1950’s while we were studying in the Escola Primaria, we suddenly came across human hair in our lesson books, bible and religious manuals and the same was experienced by the elderly people. We were told those hairs were miraculously planted in our books by St. Francis Xavier. Of course, we believed it. The religion and faith in those days was so strong that nobody dared to criticize or question such happenings. As a 10-year old child, I made such a journey in the 1950’s and it remains the best pilgrimage of my lifetime. Although I could afford to go to Old Goa by a “caminhao,” I chose to join the Gaumvaddy group who had decided to go on foot. Most of my friends were very poor. Therefore, I felt sad and guilty whenever I did something that they couldn’t afford to do. I have learned more in life by being with them than I would have otherwise. Moi-mogan, Domnic Fernandes Anjuna/Dhahran, KSA
