Philip, 

The quotes are accurate but I cannot believe them literally any more than I can 
believe in Santa
Claus today.  It would be nice, but it ain't just true.  I do not expect the 
9-11 commission to
come out and say Islamic terrorism (which is the more popular term used in the 
USA), a message
sent out by the Bush administration and media.  It is NOT IslamIST terrorism 
which I believe is
paying lip-service and being politically correct.

I am not saying everyone in the USA is anti-Muslim (there are 6 million 
American Muslims) but I
believe the 9-11 commission blessed the status quo on a number of fronts: the 
belief that America
is innocent in terrorism matters, the bad guys are always the other guys, the 
roots of terrorism
is external to the USA and non-white in nature, capitalism is kind and gentle 
and that's what the
Middle East needs, America's national security is at stake (translation: 
control of Middle East
oil), etc.

Hence, I am very apprenhensive about the 9-11 commission's report.

Regards,
George



--- Philip Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The 9/11 Commission Report never says "IslamIC" terrorism. It clearly says
> "IslamIST terrorism" (p.362) and specifically focuses on the al Qaeda
> network.
> 
> So there should not be any apprehension about  the focus of the 9/11 
> Commssion.

 


Reply via email to