Let me do some deliberate nitpicking on the following from Fredrick Noronha:

"This, however, is no reason for modern day political forces -- particularly the Religious Right (including in India, which calls itself Hindutva and has little to do with the religion of Hinduism though it would like to claim it's the same thing) -- to make use of past realities to justify the continued misuse of religion for political or other purposes today."

I would read this statement as to say that what the documentary has shown is the past realities. And that exactly is the point. Merely because it has been produced by what Fred defines as 'Religious Right' does not make these realities as unrealities.

And it was in context of understanding these realities that I requested Tony Correa-Afonso to elucidate further on "the many other uncomfortable factors that went into the equation."

Sachin Phadte.

The real power of teamwork. Experience it in real time. http://www.microsoft.com/india/office/experience/ Experience MS Office System.