Dr. Jose Colaco wrote: Dear Mario, Without attempting to modify your presently held view, I draw your attention to the following article in the Independent UK (Countdown to global catastrophe By Michael McCarthy, Environment Editor) > I have read the "talking points" of the "Give a Hoot, Just Pollute" lobby. Perhaps, you will use this opportunity to critique this article. > Mario replies: Dear Jose, "Give a Hoot, Just Pollute" is a derisive and insulting term used by the radical environmental extremists. I suggest you eschew such divisive and egregious rhetoric if you are interested in civil debate. Even someone living on a tropical island must know that even those in the west who disagree with the overblown rhetoric of the environmental extremists seeking to protect their research grants, support sensible environmental controls mostly to control particulates in the atmosphere for health reasons. There are no such controls in India and China, two of the four largest economies in the world, which the environmental extremists let off the hook in the Kyoto Treaty for political reasons, which renders that treaty totally bogus.
Michael McCarthy makes his living as an Environment Editor. His predictable message is "it's far too late, the sky is already falling." I am attaching a link to the opinions of several scientists far more prestigious and knowledgeable in the environmental area than Mr. McCarthy: http://www.globalclimate.org/opinion/scientists.htm
