Santosh Helekar writes: I owe my livelihood to research funds devoted to helping people who have mental, neurological and sensory problems.
I am a brain scientist supported by the National Institute of Mental Health and the National Institute of Deafness and Other Communication Disorders. > Mario replies: Very impressive. I'm glad you cleared that up. I must remember to never challenge you in the areas of mental health and deafness and other communications disorders. However, in retrospect, my previous misunderstanding was due to your post in which you said "I owe my livelihood to research funds devoted to give freedom and democracy to minds held captive by a warped sense of reality." That caused a communications issue, because we obviously disagree on what constitutes a warped sense of reality. Maybe you are expressing a personal not professional view when you seem to believe 100% of what the environmental activists say, whose minds are captive to at least a partially warped sense of reality in the light of all the complex and contradictory evidence that exists, and you also seem to oppose the reality of the situation in Iraq, where the US is trying to help 80% of the population to be free and get the 35 year old Baathist yoke off their necks.
