>From: Cecil Pinto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> posted on TGF d-list
Shame on you, Ryan by Ethel D'Costa http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Goa-Goans/message/18798 excerpts (1) Shame on you, Ryan I've heard of disgruntled sons-in-law. I've heard of acid throwing mothers-in-law and their families who gang up to make life miserable for the unsuspecting daughter-in-law. Physical or mental abuse is not new to Goa or Goan women. I know enough women who fall into the clutches of these mind-twisting, smooth operators, whose sole motive is to get behind the cash, after making sure the woman of their ardor has walked into their trap. I know of a poor parent from Bastora knocking on the doors of justice, the Women's Police Station in Goa, and the human rights organization in Delhi -- to no avail, must I add -- after his young daughter mysteriously died few months after her marriage to a Delhi based businessman. Informed of her demise only after the funeral rites were hastily conducted by the in-laws â thereby destroying any evidence that would warrant an investigation â the parents mourn the loss of a daughter believed to have been harassed for not bringing enough dowry to buy out the greed of the son-in-law. (2) Ryan's diabolic plot to do away with a man who was trying to protect his daughter from the clutches of a psychotic, money hungry cad, is shameful, pathetic and downright deplorable. The meticulous planning and execution of the act itself could put a Bollywood crime flick to shame, given the masala of the entire setting. Greed and revenge can run your blood cold, right Ryan? (3) Time to wake up Goa. Time to also work doubly hard to ensure Goa is not going the Mumbai way (despite the State's fascination with Bollywood starlets and their cronies). What say Big P? My dear Ethel, You have such a wonderful way with words. We at TGF have a special webpage for your brilliant articles http://www.colaco.net/1/EtheldaCosta.htm You are right. We do such bad things to each other. We cheat, we lie, we backstab and we kill. We are all shocked to read about the brutal end that the good Dr. Shri met. What a travesty. However, I would like to think again about your very first line i.e."Shame on you, Ryan". That, with due respect my dear Ethel, is the wrong person to "Shame on You". People who are chronically violent are not likely to be "shamed". They are what they are. Shame, my dear Ethel, is on the OTHER people in the KNOW, who played the fiddle like Nero; keeping silent because it is either inconvenient to do otherwise or it is not their business. I ask the following question - as I do not know the answer. I understand that there is a complaint with the Old Goa police placed there by the nuns of a Ribandar convent. Apparently, an individual has threatened all the nuns in Ribandar with rape. It might be an absolutely FALSE story, but do you believe that the Old Goa police authorities need to investigate this charge ? - assuming ALWAYS that an accused is innocent until proven otherwise. I end with good wishes jose please remember to visit http://www.colaco.net on January 30, 2005 to find out WHO will be the TGF Goan persona(e) of the year 2004 The updated website will be up and running on the anniversary of the Mahatma Gandhi murder i.e. Jan 30
