On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 01:16:29 +0530 (IST), Cecil Pinto <[email protected]> wrote: > URBAN GAONKAR > On death and writing > > By Margaret Mascarenhas > > When the clock struck midnight on December 31, 2004, I was relieved to put a > bad year behind me. ..........
> It's true what they say: the number of funerals you attend increases > exponentially when you hit forty. I was attending one when Tony Martins, whom > I > had never met, dropped off his manuscript. He had been pointed in my direction > by The Other India Press. In an email exchange with Martins, I agreed to "have > a look" at his work, and, in a telephone exchange with Claude Alvares, learned > that he had inquired about, and been informed of, my professional > fees....................... RESPONSE: Wow! What a shoot down, though it has been long in coming. The rebuttal of Tony Martin's post on Goanet is a real eye opener. I hope this makes people sit up and think - that for every story told, there is another side to it! Don't be quick and rash in judgement. Cheers, Gabe Menezes. Wimbledon England.
