On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 11:21:08 -0000, Eddie Fernandes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Folks, > > The issues here are complex. To try to simplify matters I omit some > exceptions and run the risk of minor inaccuracies. However do feel free to > challenge me. RESPONSE: I shall try my best!
> We have created the demand for stays in Goa of over 4 weeks and one way > tickets. We have broken the law by buying flight tickets without hotel > accommodation. RESPONSE: I know as a matter of fact that no tickets have ever been sold to me without accommodation. I have always received a voucher for a dormitory style accommodation. I have never availed of this facility so I don't know whether this is just a paper facility or what. >Hence we have to be grateful to travel agents like Fernandes for > warning us what to expect and asking us to complain to the authorities. RESPONSE: The warning should have been given prior to the sale of the ticket, if it was in excess of 4 weeks i.e. caveat emptor. Not after the clients end up paying baksheesh. From the email and Gomantak piece it appears that the Clients were not expecting to suffer this extra imposition on their pockets! Nor was Fernandes expecting this to happen to them ? That aside you have sold me hook, line and sinker on Fernandes' altruistic intentions - that there was no inherent vested interest in bringing this matter to light. It was all above board! :-) . We can safely assume that the posting by Fernandes was not an one off, more is to come to safeguard us from untold perils. I echo Dr. Jose's sentiments regarding plastering names of persons on Goanet. Unfortunately Fernandes has declined yours and my invitation to respond to questions of relevance, regarding the posting on Goanet. Including proof that the persons mentioned are involved in the scam. I am not condoning, the actions of the Police personnel at Dabolim Airport but temptation was put their way and they saw a way of putting the screws on unfortunate travellers. If the tickets were not sold for a period of more than 4 weeks then there would be no extortions taking place! Cheers Gabe Menezes. London, England -- Cheers, Gabe Menezes. Wimbledon, England
