| 3rd Annual Konkan Fruit Fest, Goa - May 6-8, 2005 |
| |
| Today's Events include Fruit Carving - Decor - Watermelon eating |
| Fancy Dress. Check out http://konkanfruit.swiki.net | -------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Documented by Goa Desc Resource Centre Ph:2252660
Website: www.goadesc.org Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Press Clippings on the web: http://www.goadesc.org/mem/
All road digging activities must end by May 15: North Collector

The North Goa Collector Nikhil Kumar on Tuesday who chaired
a meeting on pre-monsoonal preparedness, has issued strict
instructions that all road digging activity should end by May 15
and that all departments would have to gear up to face any
monsoon-related emergency.

Control rooms will be set up not only at the district level but also
at taluka level, it was decided. Forest department has been
asked to expedite its licensing process for pruning of trees which
are posing a danger to pedestrians and motorists

The collector has also asked the authorities that road digging
should end by May 15 and that the debris should be cleared by
May 21.

Civic bodies have also been asked to undertake desilting of
nullahs.

Electricity Department has been asked to put in place special
teams to attend to breakdowns in monsoons. Besides, every
department has been instructed to appoint a nodal officer at
taluka and district level in case of any emergency.

Fire Services have been on the receiving end since the squall
that hit Goa last week. They not only have been attending to calls
of uprooting of trees but firemen have had to lift and remove the
tree debris. In view of this, Kumar who has recently taken over as
the district collector has asked the PWD to provide 5-7 persons
to assist the fire services.

Even the telecom authorities have been requested to ensure that
the phone lines of nodal officers are repaired.
----------------------------------
HERALD 27/4/05 page 3
GOA CIVIC AND CONSUMER ACTION NETWORK
an initiative of GOA DESC RESOURCE CENTRE
to promote civic and consumer rights in Goa
GOACAN Post Box 78 Mapusa, Goa 403 507
Tel: 2252660 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
          website: www.goacan.org

* G * O * A * N * E * T *** C * L * A * S * S * I * F * I * E * D * S *
Make your mother in Goa happy on Mothers' Day. http://www.goa-world.com/goa/expressions/mothersday/

Limited "Mother's Happiness" packages. First come, first serve.