Would be wrong to criticise the person who initiatied this celebration , as
the concept is unifying Goans from every corner of the world . But we should
not forget , no doubt there is a lot of hype for this day but think it for
yourself is everyone celebrating this day because others are celebrating, or
we too want to be on the list or are we celebrating it bearing in mind that
should any Goan family , or a Goan be it an individual or a group require any
help be in employment, domestic, or in any aspect or respect helping him or
her they or them when in problem be in Goa or abroad that GOANS will always
help each other ? Or is it just fiesta/siesta  day carrying no meaning or
spreading the true meaning of this day?

Once again don't misunderstand me on this day its a great event to be
celebrated by each and every Goan and its a must, but not only for fun but it
carries and should carry a thoughtful message of helping one another at all
critical times.