Note: forwarded message attached.
--- Begin Message ---
I guess I am just an ignorant inebriated Goenkar,
content to get my daily Xitt-codi.  I just dont
understand the need for a new airport.  For what ?
To bring more tourists to visit our golden beaches
overrun by stay cows and dogs and their droppings ?
Perhaps the rotting hulk of the MV River Princess has
been left on what was a pristine Candolim Sinquerim
beach, as a tourist attraction ?

We dont even have decent roads.  Our roads are
pot-holed, badly aligned, with traffic running pell
mell, with scant concern for traffic rules (if such a
thing exists in Goa) or common road courtesy. Do we
want tourists to see our gentlemen pissing in the wind
by the side of the road ?  In Western countries such
idiots would be locked up for indecent exposure.  Here
it is perhaps another tourist attraction ?

 We cannot control our  garbage.  Everyone throws
their bags and wrappings by the road side, littering
even the main highways from Panjim to Mapusa ?
Perhaps tourists who have never seen such a spectacle
would want to see the litter that lines our highways.
After years of being "liberated" we have not learnt
how to dispose of our garbage.  The buck has been
passed on to municipalities and Panchayats, who look
surreptiously for any vacant land, no matter who it
belongs to, to dump their toxic waste.  Mosquitoes,
Dengue fever ?  "Dotor pillam ditolo",  Our
politicians will address or discuss the problem
endlessly  "ad nauseum" till people get tired of it
and go on to another subject. Meanwhile another
Government will fall, and the new Government will
blame the former government for all the ills that have
befallen us.

As for me, "tem maca poddoncna", as long as I can
retreat to my neighborhood taverna, quaff a few pegs
of the finest local distillate, stagger home for my
"xitt codi ani nishtem tonac laang", let the
politicians do their thing.  Instead of one airport at
Mopa, lets make everyone happy, and build airports
large enough to land A-380 Air Buses in every one of
our 11 talukas.  This way, everyone will be happy,
especially the politicians (think of the kick-backs
!!!), and we will have plenty of tourists to enjoy our
Bangarachea Goeam, which may have to be re-named "Gu
Ha"

 Shenzi

--- End Message ---