|    Goanetters annual meet in Goa is scheduled for Dec 27, 2005 @ 4pm   |
|The Riviera Opposite Hotel Mandovi, Panjim (near Ferry Jetty/Riverfront)|
|         Attending.......drop a line to [EMAIL PROTECTED]            |
http://www.hermann-uwe.de/blog/10-100-creative-commons-christmas-songs

10 + 100 Creative Commons Christmas Songs

Submitted by Uwe Hermann on Sat, 2005-12-24 05:25. cc | christmas |
creative commons | free | gfdl | mp3 | music | podsafe | songs | xmas

Christmas Tree

So, it's Christmas today (or it will be tomorrow, depending on where you
live). Wouldn't it be nice if you had a bunch of freely and legally
available Christmas songs you could listen to all day? Burn on CDs and
hand over to your relatives? Share with your friends without the fear of
being sued to death by big record labels?

Well, here's a list of 110 126 songs which are all explicitly released
under a Creative Commons license (no, I did not consider songs which are
merely "podsafe"!) and thus can be shared, listened to, and sometimes
even modified freely. There's a great variety in style, mood, and genre
of the songs: some traditional, some contemporary, some happy, some sad,
and some just plain funny. So here's the list:

Single MP3s:

      * Natalie Brown - Jingle Bells
      * Danny Morris - Santa's Gone Surfing!
      * Bullette - Christmas Blank
      * Bullette - The Finest Gifts
      * Jonathan Coulton - Podsafe Christmas Song
      * Jonathan Coulton - Christmas Is Interesting
      * Pete Green - Everything's Dead Pretty When it Snows
      * Robert Gayler - Christmas Bells
      * Sonny Jim - Christmas
      * Shira Kammen - Christmas Day in the Morning
      * Derek K. Miller - We Three Kings
      * High-C & DJ Manticore - How George Stole Christmas
      * Sarah Whiteley - Still, Still, Still

Compilations:

      * Kemper Crabb - A Medieval Christmas (11 songs)
      * Diorisiy - Christmas Carols (19 songs)
      * The 8bitpeoples - The 8bits of Christmas (8 songs)
      * Austin Rudy Christmas - Carolina Christmas (5 songs)
      * Goyette Christmas Carolers - Various Christmas Songs (10 songs)
      * Kevin MacLeod - Holiday / Christmas Collection (8 songs)
      * Oilville Christmas Dynasty - Christmas Compilations (39 songs)
      * Ottmar Liebert - Winter Rose (13 songs)
Frederick Noronha         784 Near Convent, Sonarbhat SALIGAO GOA India
Independent Journalist    TEL: +91-832-2409490 MOBILE: 9822122436

[] Check out my bookmarks at http://del.icio.us/fredericknoronha ...
[] Links to many subjects, specially Free Software in education.

-- Copylefted. Knowledge is power; share it equitably! -----------------

|                    Goa - 2005 Santosh Trophy Champions                 |
|      Support Soccer Activities at the grassroots in our villages       |
|  Vacationing in Goa this year-end - Carry and distribute Soccer Balls  |