|    Goanetters annual meet in Goa is scheduled for Dec 27, 2005 @ 4pm   |
|The Riviera Opposite Hotel Mandovi, Panjim (near Ferry Jetty/Riverfront)|
|         Attending.......drop a line to [EMAIL PROTECTED]            |
Krishnarao Rane is a "Kashe" of Sattari, Freedom fighter against the
colonial rule, former Sarpanch of Honda, election agent of Pratapsingh Raoji
Rane for Poriem constituency and  Customs detainee in the smuggling case. He
became the  opponent of Pratapsingh Rane [1994? assembly elections] and this
may have political fallout.

Trouble has been brewing for some time in the Village Panchayat of Honda.
The stone crushers and the mining for the basalt in the hills around Guleli,
Saleli and Morlem have destroyed cashew plantations on which depends the
livelihood of the locals---nut collection and sale, feni distillation and
employment in cashewnut shelling units. For the benefit of a few, the
prosperity of many was compromised. Not that anyone should condone violence,
but this was in the coming.

Viva Goa.

Miguel