|                         Wishing all Goanetters                         |
|                             a Prosperous                               |
|                                  and                                   |
|                         Happy New Year - 2006                          |
|                    Goanet - http://www.goanet.org                      |
Seminar On Konkani Literature, Art & Culture

GRAF will be organising a day's Seminar on Konkani language, art & culture
on 15th. January 2006 at St. Sebastian Goan High School Hall, Gr. floor,
Dabul, Mumbai from 10.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.

The following topics will be covered:
1. Konkani language, its development. Publication & readership of Konkani
literature.
2. Konkani Associations, Goan institutions - their contribution in the
promotion of the language & culture
3. Konkani & Youngsters - Why do youngsters shy away from speaking their
mother-tongue. What efforts are made by the associations to attract
youngsters towards Konkani language & culture.
4. Script for Konkani - A big controversy on script  for Konkani. Konkani's
official script is devanagri. There is an effort to include Roman script for
Konkani. Why? The advantages & disadvantges.

For Registration and other details Kindly Contact:  Maureen: Tel. 22059719,
Cell.: 9820738418. Domnic Cell no. 9821752011

|                    Goa - 2005 Santosh Trophy Champions                 |
|      Support Soccer Activities at the grassroots in our villages       |
|  Vacationing in Goa this year-end - Carry and distribute Soccer Balls  |