Sent: Monday, January 09, 2006 12:05 PM
Subject: [Goanet] candidate for Canadian election

 Troy de Souza is the Conservative candidate for Equismlat constituency in
Victoria, British Columbia.  Canadian general elections on Jan 23.
 Given below is a reply from his campaign office to my query on his racial
background. Though I had asked the office if he was Goan or Mangalorean, it
isn''t clear from the reply if he is a "Goan." The "East Indian ancestry"
could mean a Goan.

 eugene

 --
Troy is of mixed Portuguese and East Indian ancestry, whose family left Goa before Troy was born. Troy was actually born in Pakistan, so is certainly an interesting representative of a broad spectrum South Asian ancestry. He is Roman Catholic and is married to a lady of Sikh ancestry. They have one child.

 Troy came to Canada when he was 8 years old, and was educated in Victoria
BC. He then went on to education at Camosun College, University of Victoria and finally took a law degree at University of Windsor in Ontario. He also served as a reserve artillery officer, achieving the rank of captain. He is a
municipal lawyer practicing on Vancouver Island.

Troy DeSouza Campaign Office

|                    Goa - 2005 Santosh Trophy Champions                 |
|      Support Soccer Activities at the grassroots in our villages       |
|  Vacationing in Goa this year-end - Carry and distribute Soccer Balls  |