Hi Cornel,

Thanks for your kind review of our book - On Thin Ice - which recently appeared 
on Goanet.
We appreciate your kind words on our endeavor.

Thanks too for reading my post on the above story and taking the trouble to 
make some thoughtful comments.  

You are correct that Greenland in a Danish protectorate.  
Greenland (mostly covered with ice, unlike Iceland), is not considered a third 
world country in the classical sense.
And generally neither Denmark nor Greenland factor in the North - South 
dialogue. 

It would appear that you otherwise agreed with the major points I made to the 
Danish Editor.  I have heard many who complimented the Canadian and American 
people / communities and newspapers for using good judgement in this whole 
saga.  
I would certainly like to hear your thoughts from across the pond. 
Kind Regards, GL

---- cornel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: 

2) Denmark is a colonial power. It has Greenland which is really huge 
geographically, but with relatively few people, as a colony.

> From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>> I still cannot understand how a nice small peaceful Scandinavian country 
>> like Denmark, which never had any third world colony, could be the center 
>> of an international North-South controversy.
>>


Reply via email to