--- Mario Goveia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > >I have repeatedly said that these can be better or >not than those provided by organized religions. >
Excellent! "Anyone" has finally conceded that the moral compasses of disorganized religions can be better than those of organized ones. So I have nothing more to say in response. > >The evidence so far is that St. FX's body was not >preserved in any manner after he died and while he >was moved to Goa. >............................................. >It is Santosh and the other atheist cynics who have >been making a series of baseless and sly >insinuations, without any evidence to back up their >calumnies. > Since "anyone" has started becoming emotional about this matter, and is now appealing for sympathy from any Goanetter who might have accidentally read one of his posts, let me wrap this one up as well. When actually asked to produce evidence ruling out artificial, semi-natural or natural preservation of SFX remains, "anyone" could neither produce nor reproduce anything. The best he could do is mutter that SFX was not wrapped from head to toe like an Egyptian mummy from the Dynastic period. It is quite clear that "anyone" has no rational basis to conclude that a supernatural, miraculous phenomenon has taken place. I have written quite a lot about such "miraculous" logic on Goanet. Those who are interested in it can look it up in the archives of this forum. I will simply conclude by quoting once again what the great philosopher David Hume said about "anyone" who exhibits such a "miraculous" thought process: "When anyone tells me, that he saw a dead man restored to life, I immediately consider with myself, whether it be more probable, that this person should either deceive or be deceived, or that the fact, which he relates, should have really happened. I weigh the one miracle against the other; and according to the superiority, which I discover, I pronounce my decision, and always reject the greater miracle. If the falsehood of the testimony would be more miraculous, than the event which he relates; then, and not till then, can he pretend to command my belief or opinion." ---------- David Hume Cheers, Santosh P.S. This post will elicit at least two responses from "anyone", consisting mostly of several iterations of previously repeated statements.
