Mario Goveia wrote: < Wow! 207 Goans are interested in getting Portuguese passports. This would be considered a trickle, not a flood. That means there are 1,399,793 who are not interested. Perhaps Goa is not quite as bad as the brown Portuguese make it out to be.>

Gabriel de Figueiredo responded : < That trickle ... depends which way you look at statistics. BTW, where did you get that number of non-interested people? Counting tea-leaves? >

Dear Gabriel,

From our favourite Mario's post, i gleaned that he (Mario) was trying to
score some "brownie" points is rt. wing humour.

On he third anniversary of the joke he has stoutly defended on goan fora et elsewhere 9no doubt), he sure is in need of some "humour".

That is why I had ignored his "rusty" comment.

I hope he Mario isn't claiming tht he knows even the basics of statistics.

good wishes

jc