Hi

British tourist have to pay 2225 rupees for visa each year we visit your
country plus I buy for the orphanage in Panjim each year, we have just paid
for the jeep to be repaired and a pressure cooker and bought flip flops for
all the children, amounting to £300 plus food to feed them through the
monsoon, so I think I put plenty into your state plus all the money we spend
while we are there, this was my eleventh visit, and I have all ready booked
for next year, so charging another 500 rupees I think is wrong, we don't
charge anything to visit the UK.

Yours Sincerely

Mrs. R Dobson

QUOTE OF THE DAY

Rs 100 is not a big amount for a tourist. In countries such as Thailand,
foreign tourists are charged a cess of around 40 dollars. Here, a cess of Rs
500 would be reasonable. -- S V Balaram, long connected with Goa's tourism
sector, on the Goa government's plans to charge Rs 100 as cess on each foreign
tourist arriving in the state via charter flights or through hotel bookings. --
 Gomantak Times.

Read all Goanet messages at:

http://www.goanet.org/archive.php?name=News&list=goanet