Is this the same gentleman ex-priest who rushed up to me belligerently at the Goan Association meeting/picnic on June 19, 2005 at Orchard Beach in the Bronx and screamed in front of the assembled membership "I'll f--k you!" for questioning the propriety of railroading the constitution with a sham election and with no other provocation from me whatsoever? Was this exhuberance on his part because he was seeking the position of president for himself instead of the "konknno" I was backing? If so, he is some gentleman ex-priest in true Christian tradition!

And while we're on the subject, would the poster care to tell us why the "ex priest" defrocked himself by leaving the ministry?

Chris

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mervyn Lobo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, April 03, 2006 1:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Goanet] Re: Is the term "defrocked" derogatory?

Peter D'Souza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks, Mervyn. The dictionary definition doesn't
seem to support your
basic contention. While it's not a matter of pride
for anyone who's been
through it (the process of defrocking), it seems
like a purely technical description.

http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?gwp=13&s=defrocked
   de·frock (dÄ"-frŏk')
tr.v., -frocked, -frock·ing, -frocks.

   1. To strip of priestly privileges and functions.
   2. To deprive of the right to practice a
profession.
   3. To deprive of an honorary position.

Peter,
Your question did not come out of the blue.

You brought up the query AFTER Cris Vaz/Joy Braganza
described someone as "defrocked."

The person being labelled a "defrocked" priest is
actually an ex-priest. There is a difference. Everyone
who has met the ex-priest, describes him as the
perfect gentleman.

Chris Vaz/Joy Braganza is perfectly aware that the
ex-priest has not been "defrocked." To label him
"defrocked" when he is not, is derogatory.

Mervyn3.0
"The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their
right names." - Chinese proverb -

http://mail.yahoo.com

%(user_optionsurl)s

This email sent to %(user_address)s