When our Bhagwan created the human race, he must have paid special
attention to a corner of earth called the Indian sub-continent. for he
gave it his best from his brain (the brahmin), from his arm (the rajah
) and from his thigh ( the bania ) and endowed them  with the best
qualities that the human race could have ever had.

Qualities like astuteness, ability, adroitness, aptitude , capability,
cleverness,  competency, creativity, dexterity, efficiency,
excellence, expertise, flair, judiciousness , genius, ingeniousness,
mental ability, innovative capacity, merit, intelligence, proclivity,
proficiency,propensity, skill, smartness, talent, worthiness, etc.
etc. etc.

Reservation of jobs and seats in places of learning has, I am afraid,
been with us for a much much longer period.  Let us concentrate only
on the latest millennium i.e. from 950 ad to  1950 ad. when everything
or rather almost everything in India was in the hands of  the
brahmin/rajah/bania complex.

And yet the history of our subcontinent during this particular
millennium  is not something that any human being of any race  could
be proud of .

antonio