Mr.Prabhakar Tendulkar  of Mapusa rightly deserves to be awarded the
Monsenhor
Sebastiao Rudolph Dalgado Award for the year 2006. This award is presented
to him for his contribution for the literary work in Roman Konkani. Infact,
he deserved this award much earlier in life. He is known all over the state,
especially in the Konkani circuit for his educative and literary articles.
He has several books to his credit in Roman as well as in Devnagri script. A
man who has lifted many amateur Romi Konkani writers to limelight their
articles in several aspects through various magazines and periodicals, one
of them is being me.

I've always considered him as my GURU, for the fact that he has always been
there to guide me through my works in correct diction and has helped me
publish my articles by proof reading them. Since the time he has been
editing 'Goencho Porzol', 'Goencho Pormol' and the weekly 'Goykar', it has
been a privilege to be associated with this Romi Konkani Literary Pundit. He
has worked hard during the Konkani agitation and has headed the Konkani
Porjecho Avaz in North Goa. He was in the forefront and had gathered a huge
gathering of Konkani lovers for the Konkani Jyot that traveled right from
Pernem to Canacona that resulted in the birth of a new Romi Konkani daily
called 'Novem Goem' edited by Gurunath Kelekar.

Mr. Tendulkar formed an organization called 'Konkani Kendra' which gathered
a vast fan club of konkani lovers and writers. They met every weekend, read
their poems and articles, had various discussions through which they shared
their love for the language through their views.

Being a member of this Kendra and holding the post of the secretary, I was
convinced that I could too make some contribution towards my mother tongue
in a way of my own. And hence was conceived the idea for my very own monthly
magazine, " Konkanicho Darvontto", which wouldn't stay for very long on book
stands as the sales kept rising and thus was published for over two and a
half years. Mr. Tendulkar was a guiding force for all our efforts in this
field.

As I pay my respect to this great personality on this auspicious occasion, I
would like to congratulate Mr. Tendulkar and wish him good health.

Viva Dalgado Konknni Akademi !!

Alfonso Bond Braganza
Mhapxeam Goy.