Goanetters
I have noted, like others on Goanet that, there are those who lament the departure of the Portuguese following Indian military action in December 1961.

However, without going into the reasons for the Indian incorporation of Goa into mainstream India for now, I wonder if there are examples of similar Goan/Indian lament when Britain left India apart from the Anglo-Indian community, many of whom thought it was the end of the world for them?

I am just curious to discover if there are some historical parallels/comparisons in the two situations. Perhaps the question also applies to the French exit from India. Cornel