----- Original Message -----

Please take the time to read before you consider watching the Da Vinci movie.

"PUT ON THE FULL ARMOR OF GOD SO THAT YOU CAN TAKE YOUR STAND AGAINST THE DEVIL'S SCHEMES"
(Ephesians 6:11)

The Da Vinci Code book holds two destructive and dangerous propositions:

1)     An attack on the Divinity of our Lord Jesus Christ
The novel claims that Jesus is not God but merely human and that He married Mary Magdalene, had a child with her and their lineage continues on until today.

2)     An attack on the integrity of the Bible — the sole authority of the Christians' faith
The novel claims that Emperor Constantine manipulated and excluded in the Canon the Gospels that prove Jesus is mere human and not God. Any bible scholar would attest that this is totally untrue for the Holy Scriptures already existed before Constantine's time and the process of Canonization involved councils of church fathers for over a long period of time under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

These are two major lies, among so many others, that novelist Dan Brown presented as historical facts which clearly aim to deceive people and undermine Christianity. This is more than an attack on our faith as Christians; this is an attack on our God, the Lord Jesus Christ!

It's amazing that 2 thousand years ago; Paul was battling with the same lies. Read his letter to Timothy as false teachers were spreading the same deceptions:
            "..stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain men not to teach false doctrines any longer nor devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. These promote controversies rather than God's work..They do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm." (1 Tim 1:3-7)
            "The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. Such teachings come from hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared with hot iron." (1 Tim 4:1-2)
            "If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies.. men of corrupt mind who have been robbed of the truth and who think godliness is a means to financial gain" (1 Tim 6:3-5)

Church history tells us that the apostles and hundreds of Christian martyrs died fighting for our faith. They defended the Gospel of Christ even to death. Now we face the same false teachers, irreverently trivializing the truth of the Bible and attacking the very Divinity of our Lord.  The Da Vinci Code is clearly an affront to the truth we hold faithfully. Are we ready to defend this truth?

Months ago, when a cartoonist made a caricature of the prophet Mohammed, Muslims worldwide raised a ruckus in defending their faith. Such is their commitment. How about us followers of Christ? How committed are we to our faith? How far does our commitment to our Lord Jesus go?

Author Dan Brown got $5 million as his book was made into a movie. Clearly, he had created such a controversy that he garnered huge earnings out of it. Remember Paul's warning against people who use controversies for financial gain? Brown has cunningly turned such deceptions into a moneymaking venture.

The question is,

Why are we going to pay for a movie that we know is blasphemous and insulting to our Lord and at the same time contribute to the earnings of these propagators of falsehoods?

Are we going to participate in this venture by seeing a movie that seeks to destroy the testimony of Jesus Christ?

Are you going to contribute and encourage Hollywood producers in making more movies that are an affront and makes a mockery of your faith?

THIS IS A CALL TO BOYCOTT THE MOVIE, The DA VINCI CODE.

In Athens, Paul was greatly distressed to see that the city was full of idols (Acts 17). The Da Vinci Code book is an instant bestseller and the movie is now being so hyped-up it may well be a sure hit. Does this cause us to be greatly distressed that such falsehood is in our midst? Paul used this opportunity as a point of dialogue to share the Gospel among the Athenians. For non-Christians who would see the movie, let us then use it to share the truth of the Gospel. Paul urges us "to preach the Word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction" (2 Tim 4:2).

Let us show our commitment as followers of Jesus.
Let our voice be heard that we will not tolerate a Hollywood movie that slanders Christ. Let us exercise our righteous anger in defense of our faith.
Let us overcome evil with good.

P.S. please forward this to anyone who will stand up in defence of their faith.