Dear Mario,

Thank you for the kind words.  Going by
the response I received on this forum,
I feel the issue has generated thought,
now just on Goanet but in Goa.

As you say, if each one of us sets an
example - whether on the road or with the
pen - Goa will certainly slow down on this
madness and who knows, may start turning
to be a safer place.  We cannot help the
way people elect their government (unless
of course we are willing to jump into the
cesspool, as once by happenstance I did -
and rescued myself at first opportunity)
but we certainly must press, like a
Portuguese friend said in a private mail,
for *mindful and sensible lawmaking;
skillful, but stronghanded, enforcement.*

I am, by the way, a hopeless optimist.

Regards, Valmiki