Enjoy your holiday in Goa. Stay at THE GARCA BRANCA from November to May
        There is no better, value for money, guest house.
             Confirm your bookings early or miss-out

Let's give it a rest shall we, Mario ? Being
garrulous is no excuse for being verbose.
You threw, I called it. When we meet in
person, we shall see the proof of the pudding
shan't we ??? As Cornel says, you sure are one
mixed-up 'kid'. Like him, Paulo, etc. I shall leave
you to your own devices. I'm sure Kevin, Alfred,
etc, will continue to provide more fodder for you.

Whilst on the subject,GN, how about an annual or
biennial Goa-Netters Ball ? I know Fred has tried
without too much success to organise Goanetter
get-togethers in Goa, in the past. In the meantime,
Goa-net has grown from a fledgling couple of dozen
netters, to numbers in excess of 9,000 which speaks
volumes - if any small goan social club with a couple of
hundred members can organise lavish annual dances,
balls, what's to stop Goa-net, virtually 50 times their
size !! Fred's started the ball rolling, lets's go for it.

Naturally, there's considerations of time and space. Not
everybody is available at the same time or place - given
goanetter distribution throughout the diaspora. But
given their fair traffic through the UK, Goa or North
America, one of the 3 would be a rather better choice
than say, the Middle East or Australia, 2 lesser goanet
strongholds. Even though I don't live there, Goa however
would be an obvious choice - this is after all a mailing-list,
a forum, by Goans, for Goans - bound by our unique Goan
identity. I'm willing to give it a shot, how about other netters?

I shall be happy to play host, either in Goa or N. America (well,
at least the first time!). Choose a good time - summer, easter
or christmas vacations sound good. Christmas would seem the
somewhat obvious choice - it's a common holiday season through-
out the diaspora, truckloads of goans from all over the world pour
into amchem goem - and there's nothing to beat that old-world
nostalgia of goan 'natalam'. With stalwarts like Fred, Bosco, George,
Floriano to organise the 'awards nite', we can certainly go places.

My own personal experience is that social interaction of this sort not
only builds stronger bonds (and God knows we need that!), but
engenders mutual respect ! Netters who've been virulently combative
over the years finally meet, to find out its just a kindly soul at the other
end rather than 'bitter old men'! What an opportunity to meet Dominic,
VM de M, Valmiki, Cecil d'Expression, Bospam, Dulci Gabe, antsy-pantsy
'super-Mario', Miguel, Rico, and of course, the enigmatic ever-young
Herman, even younger 'dear aunty'(haha) and countless other netters.

Finally, my sympathies to you Mario, for being  'unable to place' me, oh
how deliciously delightful that phrase rolls. I did mention being ' a strange bird of passage' didn't I ?! I'll leave you with my favorite-Baroness D'Orczy's
Scarlet Pimpernel "........They seek him here, they seek him there......!"

Francis.

I have no idea what an "un-goan" thing is, but just to
relieve "Francis" and his complex personality of his
delusion of intellectual superiority, I really didn't
want to know anything about this incredible search for
eternal youth and a sinless, spoon-bending nirvana on
earth, though it does explain some of the other, more
earthy, tendencies that we have seen from him on
Goanet :-))