Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 5:39 PM
Subject: Re: [Goanet] Theist v/s atheist?

--- cornel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Elizabeth
Mario's "rock solid moral compass" is based on a
simpleton's religious oriented commonsense.

Mario observes:

The comment above is an excellent example of an
individual unorganized atheist who claims to be a
"secular humanist", whom we have already seen in
practice excludes millions of oppressed and
downtrodden from concern for a variety of
"sophisticated" reasons.  In my opinion, this is an
elitist and patronizing attitude towards morality and
common sense which may lead to all kinds of
self-serving exceptions to whatever rules are adopted
regarding morality as well as common sense.