Enjoy your holiday in Goa. Stay at THE GARCA BRANCA from November to May
         There is no better, value for money, guest house.
              Confirm your bookings early or miss-out

Hi folks

We are researching the birth and growth of the Diocese of Mylapore which is
celebrating its 400th year this year.

Born out of the Goa diocese and later run under the padradao and then becoming
the Diocese of Madras-Mylapore, the diocese has had a colourful history but
little has been compiled on it.

Now, mere functions are lined up.

A bunch of us keen on history and heritage are working on this project.

We are looking for contacts with the Jesuits run Historical Research Centre in
Goa, Archiodiocese of Goa ( priests who have done church history projects),
any NGOs with support from Portugal who have done work in this area, families
whose men and women worked in this diocese here.

Frederick Noronha, my journalist friend, has been of some help.

We welcome your leads - ph nos, email IDs, addresses etc

Cheers

Vincent D Souza
Madras (Chennai)

Vincent D'Souza's popular column - Jottings. Now on a blog.
http://vincentsjottings.blogspot.com

MYLAPORE TIMES - neighbourhood news weekly, every Saturday, 30,000 copies
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

KUTCHERIBUZZ - web site for classical music and dance.
http://www.kutcheribuzz.com
News - Features - Pictures - Quiz - Sale of albums.

77, C. P. Ramaswamy Road, Alwarpet, Chennai-600 018.
Ph: 91-44-24982244.   Fax: 91-44-24671122.