Happy Birthday: St Britto's, which is 60 years old. Celebrations at St
Jerome's Church Mapusa 11 am on July 30, 2006. Football match Loyola's
vs. Britto's 11 am on July 31, 2006 at the school grounds.

                        http://bmxgoa.com
Hi Asit,

Kemon Ache

I am Dr Carmo D;Cruz from Indian Harbour Beach, FL so close to Rockledge. I
am from Goa and Bandra and studied in Kharagpur (77-82)

I am quite familiar with the fruits you have mentioned.

Awlas - we would get them from the Borawallahs outide St Stanislaus High
School in Bandra Bombay -they go well with mirch masala.

Bilimbi - we also call it Bimbli in Goa and they are used to make curry sour
- similar to star fruit we grow in our backyard in Florida.

Cape Goosebery  iit grows a lot in Goa - it is dark red in color when ripe

Breadfruit is a smaller roundish kind of non-sweet Jackfruit with big
maple-like leaves - we call it nir-ponos in Goa and use it for making curry.
Goes well with our traditional feni in lieu of meat.

Do  Give me a call at  321-720-5369 and you can sample some of the exotic
Goan and Portuguese fruits that grow in the my backyard and that of my
neighbour Senor Jose Ramos who is from Coimbra,Portugal (He was a soledad in
Goa before Liberation BTW)

Best Regards,

Dr. Carmo D'Cruz
[EMAIL PROTECTED]