Enjoy your holiday in Goa. Stay at THE GARCA BRANCA from November to May
         There is no better, value for money, guest house.
              Confirm your bookings early or miss-out

The following what I wrote in todays Arab Times, I am reproducing it for the reading pleasure and information of the netters. Some of the Goanetters may find it interesting.

AVF.

"Going down the memory lane, I can still remember very well what has happened on 4th day of the invasion of Kuwait in 1990. On 5th August, Sunday, Saddam Hussein gave an open call to the ordinary Kuwaiti people to come forward and take over the reins of Kuwait in their hands discarding the legitimate rulers of the country. Admiringly and of course surprisingly none of the Kuwaitis - big and small, elite and commoner - came forward to occupy the rulers seat. In one word all the Kuwaitis rejected the offer given to them by the conqueror Saddam Hussein. By rejecting this offer, the Kuwaitis have shown their total allegiance and support to the ruling family headed by Baba Jaber in whom every Kuwaiti reposed his total confidence. This is something rare nowadays to happen in any other country especially in the Third World and Black World where people and tin pot leaders are lustfully waiting eagerly to occupy the highest throne by hook or crook. See the defections in India and coups in Pakistan, Bangladesh and some African countries. My admiration goes to the Kuwaitis to show their firm support to their leadership even during the time of crisis. Not only this, on the very first day of the invasion when the ordinary Kuwaiti Taxi drivers - Red Colour Taxis - when they got the news of the invasion of their country, stopped plying their taxis thereby giving total non-cooperation to the invaders. Not only this, during the later part of the invasion month when Banking sector resumed work, with the exception expatriates none of the Kuwaitis resumed their duties thereby showing further non-cooperation to the invaders. The non-cooperation given by the Kuwaitis to the invaders including the establishment of Resistance Force by the Kuwaitis was the sign of total allegiance to the Ruling Family, to the legitimate leadership of Kuwait under the stewardship of the late Amir H. H. Sheikh Jaber Al Ahmed Al Sabah - May His Soul Rest In Peace.

As a matter of interest and information about the confidence Kuwaiti people had in late Amir of Kuwait, I narrate one small but touching incident. One maid from my place in Goa was working for a Kuwaiti family. After 3 months of invasion, as all others, she too volunteered to return to Goa. While leaving she wanted her salary which was outstanding. But unfortunately for her, her employers were not in position to pay the same because they were short of cash due to prevailing situation. Hence, her Kuwaiti Madam told her - Mary, you go now to your country but I have no money to pay you because you know how bad our situation is. But, Mary, you don’t worry for your salary, once our country is liberated I will surely send your salary to Goa by a Bank Draft. When Mary asked her Madam whether it is possible for the liberation of Kuwait, the confident Kuwaiti Madam replied thus: of course! Kuwait will be liberated and we have full confidence in Baba Jaber that he will work hard for it. This is the confidence of the Kuwaiti people in the ruling family and the leadership of Kuwait. Such confidence in their leaderships is not easily seen elsewhere nor such allegiance to their leaderships is easily noticed elsewhere. This is the uniqueness of Kuwaiti society and if it was not for the invasion of Kuwait I would never notice these great attributes of Kuwaiti citizens, ordinary and elite.

A. Veronica Fernandes,
Kuwait."