in Mumbai.

Cheers

Jerry Fernandes

Wed, 09 Aug 2006 01:06:50 -0400
From: eric pinto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Goanet] St. Xaviers Shuts Carnac Road Chapel.

 It was not a Parish,  but the School's chapel filled in for generations of
Marine Line - Crawford folk, specially the 8 am  Choir Mass.  I have learnt
that the Jesuit fathers have shut it's doors,  a response to falling
attendance:  most Crawford Market catholics have now moved on.  It had  been
magnificently renovated in the early 60's:  at the helm of
inspiration/design/architecture was Basque native, Rev. Molinet - he had
taught us french.  It would never have happened, however, without the
Barcelona duo,  Bro. Munoz and Bro. Hernandez,  master craftsmen who never
appeared to put their chisells down.
      I really meant to remember the Choir,  doing this today.  My eyes well
at the memory of the guys swinging out  ' we pray to God and for his
mercy, ---
-  to thee we bring our joys and sorrow ----',  Ignatius Day's  'Noble
Night',  and always, the National Jana Gana Mana !   Thank you so much, the
late  Conductors  Paul Frank, Victor Coelho,  solists Trevor Taylor/Stanley
Pinto,  not to omit the Director,  the Rev. Bonet.            eric.

you have received this e-mail in error please notify the Administrator. Please
note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of
the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the
recipient should check this e-mail and any attachment for the presence of
viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this e-mail.

Jarir Bookstore ..not just a bookstore

Visit us: www.jarirbookstore.com
12/8/2006