He lived for a week into September and then the music stopped playing for the
man who gave us Symphony with his Band. Yes, August is no more. This
September, August Braganza is also no more on this Earth.

Through the 1970s and 1980s, August played music at hops, jam sessions, balls,
dances, beat shows and weddings and created the environment where thousands of
us enjoyed dancing with friends, making new friends and courting our spouses.
August helped create memorable events and lasting memories. Many of us were
looking forward to him being there to jam up and make music at the BMX Goa
2006 Reunion. It was not to be......

Alex, the younger brother of August, was my classmate in St.Britto High
School. We passed SSC together. Through school and Higher Secondary School a
whole generation of boys hung around the house where "The Band" used to
practice in Khorlim, right next door to the Holy Cross Girls' Hostel. So
powerful was the call of the music, that even a wannabe cassanova would forgot
his beau...bewitched by the notes drifting in the air....till the music died
out.  It was heavenly! August must be drifting now as his notes did then.

Three to percussionists...Bondo, Xisto and William ....caught public attention
while playing with "The Band"  or "Symphony". Some musicians who played with
him banded together there after. Alex was a constant, till August stopped
playing professionally. One can still hear some of those old notes in
the "Music Company". August is no more. His music lives in the hearts of those
who heard him...in the prime of their lives.

I salute his memory.

Miguel