--- cornel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Clearly, any difficulty over my factual reporting,
> could only be in someone seemingly incapable of
> understanding that there would inevitably be
> differences in different scenarios. A prison camp in
> Siberia would hardly be similar to the hive of
> activity in metropolitan Moscow, Leningrad and
> Kiev.

Mario observes:

Cornel,
I think you have overlooked my point, which was the
reasons why Solzhenitsyn and Sharansky were put in
prison camps in the first place.

Cornel writes:

> Likewise, is it so difficult to understand that
> under American control, Guantanamo is not the same
> as trendy San Francisco, let alone the Rust Belt
> in the USA?

Mario observes:

Cornel, perhaps the political TV shows in the UK have
misled you once again.  Gitmo is a special prison for
the worst Islamic terrorists captured on the
battlefield, not US citizens simply practicing their
religion and freedom of speech and action, and thus
cannot be compared with the Solzenitzen and Sharansky
situations, who were sentenced to the Gulags in
Siberia in the old Soviet Union for their political
and religious convictions.