Enjoy your holiday in Goa. Stay at THE GARCA BRANCA from November to May
         There is no better, value for money, guest house.
              Confirm your bookings early or miss-out

I am attaching  my letter to Goa NRI Commissioner's and a quick reply/action
from his office with his kind permission!
Please write to him for any of your concerns!
Many thanks to Shri Tushar Halarnkar, OSD to NRI Commissioner, for a quick
action/response.
If India starts working/reacting  like this, it will surely be Number ONE in
the whole Universe soon!
Wouldn't we all be very proud of our Matr-Bhumi then?
You bet we will!
Cheers!
Silviano C. Barbosa
Here is their website, check it out;
http://www.globalgoans.org.in/UnauthorizedAccess.aspx

>From Silviano C. Barbosa
to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

(email dated Oct 26, 2006)

Dear NRI Commissioner, Hon. Eduardo Faleiro

Congratulations! On creating a nice NRI website with lot of useful
information.
Just a small suggestion about the Registration form:
Please change the registration form to have Postal Code or pincode and it
would be better if the adddress fields are in the following logical order:
.
Street Number, Street Name, Suite # (Unit Number), City, Province/State,
Country, Postal Code.

Email address.

I had a little problem with ' Current Address / Permanent Address' .
Could the  Permamnent Address be permanent address in India? For most of us
our current address is the Permanent Address

In the residence status, you did not mention Citizen of foreign country.

I already put in lot of my creative suggestions regarding NRI to our
Canadian (Toronto) NRI group, who must be in contact with you already.

I had suggested:
1) A website with info for NRI Goans regarding the procedures for their
land-registry/inquiry paperwork and dealing Gram-Panchayat.
2) A website with legal procedures of how to register their inherited
land/house/property in Goa as most of them complained they could not go
anywhere with lawyers/ land registration officers in Goa, as they get
different versions from different people.
3) A website detailing the procedure to execute legal wills/ testaments
regarding NRI property in Goa from NRI foreign citizens abroad .
4) Setting up of a NRI GOAN Mutual Fund with special privileges for NRI
Goans, who could help develop Goan infrastructure and industry, with special
Tax treatment for such ventures.
5) Special arrangement for NRI students for training, admissions to
professional colleges, internships in Goa.
6) I had mentioned about my suggestion of Employment Exchange abroad for
Goans overseas on goanet, which I am proud to know you already planned to
implement.
I have more suggestions, which I will pass on to you as they come to my
mind.
You are doing a great job already .
I wish you all the best in your future ventures for our GOA!
Cheers,

Silviano C. Barbosa,
Author of a Canadian/Goan novel, "The Sixth Night".
132 Roselawn Drive, Woodbridge, Ontario L4H 1A5, Canada
Check out my website
http://ca.geocities.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/

(First Email reply received from (contactinfo) Shri Tushar Halarnakar dated
October 30, 2006)

To:
Shri Silvano Barbosa,
Thanks for the email.Your suggestions are accepted. kindly attend the Global
Goan Convention on January 3-5, 2007. The details of the website are
available on the website.

Tushar Halarnakar
OSD to Commissioner for NRI Affairs

(Second  Email reply received from (contactinfo) Shri Tushar Halarnakar
dated November 3rd, 2006)

Shri Silvano Barbosa,
Thank you for the email. Your suggestions are being looked into. Replies to
your r first three pts. are given below. We consulted the District Registrar
cum Head of Notary Services and sought his advice on your querries. However
we have informed the District Registrar to prepare a note on this subject so
that we can have link on the website  for benefit of general public.

1.      Regarding procedure for land registration inquiry paper work and
dealing with Gram Panchayats.

Advise: It is advisable to entrust this job to an Advocate through an
Acquaintance, who will prepare the Sale Deed in respect of the land to be
registered. However it needs to be noted that persons of Indian Origin
settled abroad are restrained by the provisions of Foreign Exchange
Maintenance Act (FEMA) from buying agricultural and farmhouse property. In
the case of foreigners intending to buy property in Goa, NOC from Home
Department is necessary.

Gram Panchayats come into picture only if any license for construction is
required.

2.      Legal Procedures to  Register inherited land, house or property in
Goa.

Advise: A deed of succession has to be recorded in the office of
Sub-Registrar of the concerned taluka who is acting as ex-officio Notary.
Alternatively, inventory proceedings can be filed in a court of Law.

3.      Procedure to execute legal Wills/testaments  regarding NRI
properties in Goa from NRI foreign citizens abroad.

Advise: Under the Portuguese Law  which is still in force in Goa, consent of
the other spouse is necessary for executing a Will. Hence, deed of consent
plus two separate Wills of both the spouses have to be executed in the
office of Sub-Registrar of the concerned taluka who is acting as ex-officio
Notary. If the NRIs themselves cannot remain present in Goa to execute the
deeds, they have to give special power of Attorney to any person of their
confidence with all details of the property to be given by a Will /
testaments.

Regarding pt. 4 ,the Commissioner is discussing the matter with Government

Regarding Pt.5,steps are being taken to reserve 10 seats in Medical college
and 5 in Dental college for NRIs.

Regarding Pt. 6, Overseas Recruitment Agency will be formed soon.

Tushar Halarnakar

(OSD to Commisioner for NRI Affairs)