Hello Domnic!
Great Series!
Please continue writing about the effects of change in School System (Portuguese) in Goa with regards to students after the 1961 war.(someone could get a Ph.D. for this thesis)

And all your practical experiences at Escola Tecnica, Mapuca.
Also how about the psychological effects on Goan students who had to switch to English and Hindi overnight?
How about those sleepless nights trying to learn English from Portuguese?
How about not geeting a rank at school just because you could not pass Hindi? How about the threath that Hindi willbe made made compulsorry for SSCE and that you would not pass SSCE because you failed in HINDI, even though you were an expert in all other subjects? That was a great discouragement for some?
After not taking Hindi you could not go to Bombay University in Bombay?
And all those headaches?
And how difficlut it was to learn Devanagri for the first time?
But we still did that after giving our brain such stressful pressure.
NO ONE THINKS ABOUT THAT.
Today everyone goes to the psychologist.
But Nehru and other educationists never thought of this monster effect on us students at that time.

Domnic , this is not part of your tradional series, but I am sure you went through the same stressful time as I did in 1961-1963 or thereabouts.
Mog assum di!

Silviano

Enter the "Telus Mobility Xbox a Day" contest for your chance to WIN! Telus Mobility is giving away an Microsoft Xbox® 360 every day from November 20 to December 31, 2006! Just download Windows Live (MSN) Messenger to your IM-capable TELUS mobile phone, and you could be a winner! http://www.telusmobility.com/msnxbox/