From: Gilbert Lawrence <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: CARMO DCRUZ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: Reply
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 13:51:30 -0800

I think you have some "pearls of wisdom" with a totally independent "Save Goa party". A few successful Diaspora Goans skilled in their own line of work and willing to sacrifice 4-5 years for Goa (with no pay) will give the "Save Goa Party" and Goa a fresh breath of competence and honor in government. Their seriousness of purpose may break the cycle of incompetent local politicians.
Something like what Sam Pitorda did in Delhi.
Kind Regards, GL

---- CARMO DCRUZ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

=============
Manohar,

From the informal polling that I have done so far, in the Velhas Conquistas
(esp Salcete, Bardez and Ilhas) you will not win as a BJP candidate - but as
an indepedent you will win hands down and as a candidate of the "Save Goa
Party" - a new party you may have to float - you will win with a rip-roaring
majority ! The Save Goa movement is getting a lot of traction at present -
its time to capitalize on its popularity.

Blogging is also a communication tool you could use to complement your Town
Hall Meetings with the electorate, in order to keep in touch with your
electorate 24/7 and keep your finger on the pulse of the place. At PAN IIT
2006, we use Blogging extensively and effectively - ask Ashank Desai for
details.

Call / Email me any time. In May, you gotta beat all the GOAN GAON GOON
CHORS who are making a GAAN of the place !

Best Regards,

Carmo