The passing of Alfredchacha touches me as deeply as that of a member of my own
family. I am the lucky man to whom he introduced himself as my chacha on Goanet
now nearly a decade ago when he found out that his close friend was my long
departed favorite uncle Mohanmama. Ever since I have had many memorable private
and public email conversations with him about the good times he had with his
friends fighting for various causes for the good of Goa, being rescued from a
police beating and a fast unto death, and dining in my grandparents' house in
Margao. I had always hoped that I would meet him in person some day in Goa or
in Sweden. Alas, that hope like many others has been so rudely and suddenly
dashed today. As a contributor to Goan forums Alfredchacha was unique in style
and substance with the wonderful wit, humor and language that would sit
comfortably amidst the writings of a George Bernard Shaw or a W. Somerset
Maugham. As a human being he exuded a
 rare sense warmth and affability that breached all firewalls of cyberspace.
How I will now miss all of it!

I offer my deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Sincerely,

Santosh