Has anyone else who read the above book noticed the amount of spelling
errors it contans, especially when it comes to Goan names and places.

The mess starts on the inside cover with Teotonio spelled as "Teotonia"
and continues throughout the book.

Perhaps Frederick(who has written a essay for the book) can shed some
light as to why a well recognised publishing house like Pengiun cannot
afford to hire a decent proof reader.

Even in the review of the book, we have Calangute spelled as "Calingute.

I think this has something to do with the fact that we use different
names for places in Konkani and English. Especially since the English
names are derived from Portuguese.

Regardless of the script, would it not be worthwhile to revert to the
single original Konkani name for all our villages, towns and cities? I
think it would give Romi Lippi a boost as well, and no one will be
inconvenienced.

--
Sunith D Velho
[EMAIL PROTECTED]