There must be something great about the US that attracts smart people.
Congratulations to the Nobel prize winners.

There is nothing awkward about welcoming 'Productive' immigrants.

I am a productive immigrant from Goa to the US and America has no issues
welcoming folks like me. I have never taken any aid - whether from Federal or
State governments wherever I resided in my 23 years of living in the US. I have
paid taxes in every year that I lived in this country and I feel good about it.

You may be confusing the good immigrants with the bad - The problem is when you
have blood suckers sucking the resources (by way of dole, free housing, free
medical benefits etc ) by the millions, the system undergoes financial strain.

This is not some bad dream - this is real!

Jim Fernandes
Scarsdale, New York.