As a non-citizen resident of Goa and therefore a non-voter,  I have been able
to watch objectively from the sidelines.The number of parties in the fray and
the number of candidates is astounding.  I wonder whether the potential of
raking in the moolah when in elected office, is what motivated so many
candidates ?Goans, as most Indians, are an opinionated lot.  The turnout at the
polls is encouraging.  Now comes the long wait, till March 11, to find out who
the winners are.  I predict a hung verdict with no single party being able to
form a government on its own.  Let us wait and see how this tamasha turns out.
The shenanigans of the BJP with their communal bent, sidelining the deputy
Chief Minister who is a Catholic, and placing a stooge in the place of
Parrikar, may back-fire on them, especially among Catholic voters.