JUMPING THE GUN
I am surprised at the Goa police claiming success in solving the desecration/
vandalism by nabbing a well known pshyco and unstable individual who reportedly
has been found with implements like coita and hammer. He also claims to have
enough money to pay for all the damages. No one checks if this is true and if
so, how he earned all that money! It amazes me that the police congratulates
themselves on solving the case, and politicians who reportedly interfere/
interrogate the accused want to monerarily reward the police and close the
case. All this based on the alleged culprits confession? Luckily we have an
intelligent Home Minister who lauds the breakthrough but !does not rule out
possibility of others involved. The extensive damage to graves, crosses and
niches one after another the last few days does not appear to be the work of
one man. Experienced criminal lawyers and many unbiased people are of the same
opinion. He is not a taxi driver as reported and strongly denied by the taxi
union. Neither is he an AAP worker just because he sympathizes with them? Let
us not politicize or communalize the issue and the police not jump to
conclusions so fast but do a  thorough professional investigation so all
involved and the kingpins if any maybe brought to book? We must put a full stop
to this sort of thing hapenning in Goa resolutely and firmly nip it in the bud!
John Eric Gomes
Porvorim
(Tel 2417837)