The fruit didn't fall far from the tree.

Thalmann's father was Gerald Pereira, a famous lawyer and trade unionist in
Bombay. They lived half a block away in Byculla. Gerald's terrace apartment was
always filled with people requesting his help. They were greeted at the
entrance by a large portrait of Vladimir Lenin.

Gerald was a kind man though a militant lawyer and head of several large unions.

Roland, Toronto.